Tuesday 3 June 2008

Meera, Aiden and Caroline visit.

Meera books a CT scan (to have a look at the Tumour), and more white cell booster. (We briefly discuss dangers of simultaneously boosting tumour growth, but they are definitely in favour of high white cell counts, and I feel the same way). 

They take the dressing off the rig tube and have a look (seems OK).  The ward staff will clean it up and take the stitch out, and show me how to flush it out every day and deflate and inflate the retaining (small) balloon once a week.

 I discuss having the further chemo here instead of at the Cromwell (where I will have radiotherapy) and we agree to discuss this further with Shaun and Simon Stewart.  

Every Tuesday I will be back here anyway after Radiotherapy to attend a Clinic of some sort, so I will see Caroline and Meera again certainly.

Everyone seems happy - I am on track to leave hospital this evening when this bag of 5FU is finished.

No comments: