Friday 13 June 2008

Insurance issues

Yesterday I went to visit Dr Court to get some administrative help.  I have 2 insurance policies hat I am trying to claim on.  One is an American Express Travel Insurance (I had to cancel a holiday in Spain when the chemo started) and the other is a Critical Illness Insurance from HSBC.  Both companies require detailed paperwork from Medical Professionals of course, and Stephen has already facilitated with HSBC, as has Simon Stewart.  Now to get the AMEX paperwork done.

I had an interesting issue with Expedia - I bought (restricted business) Iberia tickets for my Spanish holiday with them, and at the time of booking the terms allowed me to change the flights for a fee, and refund the flights if hospitalized.  When  I tried to claim on this, the terms of business suddenly changed so that I was not able to reschedule the flights or claim a refund.  Be warned!  I shall not be using Expedia again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the www.victimsofexpedia.tk club. Feel free to join hundreds (maybe thousands) of travelers that feel they were cheated by EXPEDIA.

Gareth Jones said...

Like I said - won't be using them again!