Monday 2 June 2008

Digestive Tract Issues (non-essential reading)

So I gotta eat, right (no one wants me to lose weight), but there is a faint undertone of queasiness  all the time, so when the food arrives I have to say to myself - right lets eat this nice food.  And that works.  But the anti-sickness drugs (and the Barium swallow) can cause constipation.  That seems to have kicked in now, even though I am drinking loads of water and prune juice and eating figs and prunes.. That in itself makes it harder to keep eating....  I feel a bit stuffed. So it might be on to the laxative(s) and their possible side effects, which makes me a bit nervous  since, very possibly, I shall have the profound diarrhoea to look forward to when the chemo stops in a couple of days......

Obsession!  I probably need to get out more  :-)

No comments: