Saturday 10 May 2008

Very lucky so far

No nausea, no pain, good veins, no ulcers, no constipation, no depression just a little tired so I am grateful for all the help and healing vibes.  Nicki came to visit again and we cuddled up like students on the single bed.  Very cute (at least she is).

Simon Stewart dropped by again for a chat - it IS nice to get some continuity of care, it encourages me to feel like a human being and not an object in the system.  Everyone has been incredibly kind and supportive though. 

I think Simon will be taking care of the Radiotherapy  as well as he seems to have some expertise in that area. Probably immediately prior to the next session of chemo (whilst my white blood cell count is still reasonably OK) I will have a rig tube fitted to my stomach so that if my throat becomes too sore to swallow I can still get food  and fluids and oral medication.  This makes me a little sqeaumish, but it is effectively a very minor procedure.  Feeding via the rig tube will hopefully not be necessary, but everyone at the hospital says it will be good to have it there if needed.

No comments: