Saturday 17 May 2008

Tiredness passing - some physical details

I have been so tired that I have not been able to motivate myself to post anything on this Blog, which surprised me because I had anticipated writing SOMETHING, no matter how I felt. Anyway I have found a window of energy so I thought I would add a few posts, detailing what has been happening.  Physically, this week, apart from the tiredness, I have had an ulcerated mouth (not so bad that it has stopped me eating, but it has reduced my appetite nonetheless).  This is a side effect of the 5FU and I was warned by several nurses.  I have been using the prescribed mouthwash as directed and this has probably alleviated these symptoms.  This problem is now slowly clearing up.  Also for 3 days (& nights) I experienced profound diarrhea, which has been pretty shocking actually.  But I was also led to expect this as a possibility, and I have been taking care to keep well hydrated and checking my temperature regularly to ensure there is no wider infection.  Otherwise tired, but wired somehow, so unable to properly rest for a few days.

No comments: