Tuesday 27 May 2008

In the X-Ray procedure room

I swallowed Barium so they can see the Colon - we want to avoid that.  They pump some air into my stomach to make it easier to hit.  Local anaesthetic and Paracetamol in the line and a couple of other drugs.  I am astounded by the resolution of the x-Ray image.  Nick pushes a wire through the muscle and stomach wall and then slides other hollow wires down over it gradually dilating the hole he has made until it is big enough to slide the rig tube over. Then they remove the wires and the tube stays in place.  Sounds simple and Nick certainly made it seem simple.

X Ray Scanner
At the end of the procedure Nick kindly took some pics for the Blog:

My Colon and dye in my stomach indicating that the tube is actually in my stomach



Happy patient congratulates the team:



No comments: