Thursday 3 July 2008

Not fighting

Some people have spoken about fighting the cancer.  I am not really concerned to do that - it does not seem the right action.  Of course I want the cancer to be gone, but this is not a fight between me and the cancer. The tumour is a part of me.  It had a job to do, that job is done and now it is disappearing - that is all fine. I do not feel that I am in a fight with the tumour though.  Perhaps that is the influence of the pacifist Quaker meetings? 

I accept where I am now, and I am happy the tumour is disappearing.  

The sun is shining and the flowers are beautiful.  I enjoyed my lunch.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Gareth.

You are a musical hero for me due to your pioneering work with electronics, as a DM fan I'm thankful for your sound and creativity. Now, you're again my hero for your patience and peace of mind, my energy is within you. Accepting is knowing, and knowing is the key to move forward in every single path and chance of life.

Go, my friend!

Gareth Jones said...

Thanks Miguel! I appreciate your positive words.....

G

Anonymous said...

Hi Gareth,
Just a quick note to say i hope all goes well. You have an incredable positive mental attitude and I look forward to working with you again in the very near future. It's difficult to find the right words, so these'll have to do. My thoughts are with you, and i'll see you soon,
cheers
Sean @ abbeyroad

Gareth Jones said...

Hey Sean!

Thanks for the positive words! See you soon I hope.

xx

G.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gareth,
I know that you are not "fighting" because it seems that you have several interests that helps you to manage your actual health status. But, as you already noticed, there are many ups and downs while people do these kind of treatments. And my idea was for you not to stay too long in those "dows".
I saw that you already started to apreciate the little things of life...and that is very good. Keep on that mood!