Friday 11 July 2008

The Gift of Love

Before I had the blood, on Monday, I was feeling pretty low, even a bit depressed.  Tiredness and depression go together I know, and when I asked myself WHY I was feeling depressed, I thought - it's because I've got cancer, which seemed like reasonable grounds for depression! So obviously I felt that because I was a bit run down and tired, but also I had been using my energy to deny my depression I realised.

In the UK people donate blood freely, as volunteers. So some person (people) are helping me without knowing me. That is a gift of love and I realise it. However I didn't enjoy getting the blood - I felt a bit queasy and uneasy about it all day.  Everything went fine though.  

Ting put the line in:

And David took care of me most of the day:


I had 2 units of blood and that took about 6 hours, then I went down for radiotherapy.  The next day I felt much more energised, so I guess I really needed the blood.  Thank you, whoever donated.  Whoever donates.

1 comment:

Marsha Vdovin said...

You've been such an explosion of positive energy I would be surprised if you didn't experience some depression. You battling a horrible thing.

I love your honesty.