Monday 11 August 2008

Small update

Last week my throat was VERY sore, but 2 or 3 days ago I noticed things starting to improve - I could eat better and eat more solid food too.  So I think things are on the mend.  Still no taste, but a hint of taste sensation returning, a glimmer of light!

Today I had the rig tube out and that was another mini-milestone.  My body was glad to see it go.  I have lost a bit more weight, but I am still a very healthy weight - in fact I wouldn't mind to stay at this weight.

Started up my gym membership again - tomorrow I go for a gentle workout.  Going hiking in September so must get in shape.

6 comments:

..::efzé::.. said...

Dear Gareth,

i cant decide as easily as its correct to what to write you, i think you are a musical genius and gave great moments to the lovers of the Exciter album (for example)...i had a father he died in cancer, BUT he was a strong fighter against the sickness, he almost survived it except one doctors cure that denied all the positive effects on him...so i am sure if you are strong, you cannot lose because we cannot lose you...

ill be around to read about your days, Gareth!

Zoltan

Anonymous said...

hey

i`m also your fan - i`m young producer and your works are really great for me. Time to time ive watch this blog (enjoyed TNP album and blog about producing VERY much!!!)

Now after break ive found this "A Journey With Cancer - My Story"

All i can say - keep it going !!! Fight and win!!!You have to man.

all the best from Poland

nextaz

Anonymous said...

I am assuming that no news is good news and that all your energies are focused on healing, as they should be. Stay strong!

Anonymous said...

GREAT TO KNOW YOU ARE GOING BETTER.

GARETH, YOU WILL WIN

INPHI, FROM MEXICO CITY

Anonymous said...

Hi Gareth
I've caught up with your news and am delighted to hear it's taken a positive path, I hope you go forward from here to full recovery and back to your best. Hope to see you some time to catch up. I had a small skin cancer scare 4 years ago (ironic for someone like us who spend most of their lives in recording studios!)but it was nothing like your journey written here and I'm 100% fine.

love and peace
Phil Harding
phil.harding@virgin.net

Anonymous said...

No news? Hope that you're fine and just enjoying life. Like Jason K. said "no news is good news"